Jan 20 2011

Calendar Class Bug Fix, version 2.8 available!

Just released a new version (2.8) of the calendar class with a bug fix for those using the class on windows servers.

The windows platform does not support the %e (day of month) modifier to the strftime function. Instead, the modifier %#d must be used to achieve the same date format. Se the notice on the strftime function description page on php.net.

View the claendar.class.php project page for download or svn access to the new version.

Also, I would like to greatly thank Steffen MaaƟ for bringing this bug to my attention! Sorry it took so long to get it implemented.

Jun 3 2009

single text input form submit in IE

The previous form submit issues with IE post has generated some conversation in the post comments. In the original post I looked at the situation where you have a form with just a single text input and a submit button. The conversation developed to look at the situation where you have a form just with a single text field, no submit button at all. I did some hacking and came up with a fix which I thought warranted a new post.

To lay things out, single text field, no submit button. Type into the field and simply hit ‘enter’ is what we’re going for… in IE

Read the rest of this entry »

Feb 13 2009

Form submit by enter key and Internet Explorer

Related: Submit Form when no submit button is present in IE

Ran into an (other) interesting Internet Explorer bug. Seems that if you have a form with only a single text input, hitting the enter button will not submit the form in IE.

Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 10 2008

calendar.class.php updates and new version release

Just put up the new version of my php calendar class (version 2.7).

Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 11 2008

Calendar class start of month weirdness and PHP < 5.1.0

A couple of calendar class users have noticed a problem with the first day of the month when using the class with versions of PHP earlier than 5.1.0. The issue was introduced with the last upgrade when I switched to date(“N”) for calculating the day that the first of the month falls on. date(“N”) was added in PHP at version 5.1.0 so earlier versions will have this problem. The quick remedy appears to be switching things back to use date(“w”) for this calculation.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused people. I’ll have a fix in the next couple of days to address the issue fully.